The Centre for Human Rights, University of Pretoria, will host a one-week intensive short course on the right to development in Africa.
Course date: 19 - 23 August 2019
Venue: Graduate Centre, University of Pretoria Main Campus
About the course
The course covers issues such as:
- Theories of development
- Right to development in Africa
- International financial institutions and the right to development
- Development and Aid: The obligation to provide assistance
- Transnational Cooperations and other non-state actors and the right to development
- Food, development and security in Africa
- Governance, anti-corruption and development
- Foreign debt and its effect on development
The course fee is ZAR 3 000.00 (US $ 450).
This fee covers tuition, course materials, teas and lunch for the duration of the course.
The fee excludes transport and accommodation costs.
A limited number of partial scholarships are available.
Applicants must indicate on the online application form whether they wish to apply for a scholarship and provide sufficient motivation substantiating why they require financial assistance.
Applicants must also indicate whether they would still like to be considered for admission in the event that they are not granted a scholarship.
Applicants are required to apply online for this course.
Deadline for applications:
01 August 2019
Overview of the pasted Advanced Human Rights Course: The Right to Development in Africa
The advanced short course titled 'The Right to Development in Africa'is the eight of ten short courses scheduled for presentation by the Centre for Human Rights at the University of Pretoria in the current year. It ran from 25 to 29…Read More
For more information, please contact:
Tel: +27 (0) 12 420 4197
Fax: +27 (0) 86 580 5743