11 January 2017 - The University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy at the Centre for Human Rights (an academic department and a non-governmental organisation at the University).
FACULTY OF LAW
CENTRE FOR HUMAN RIGHTS
PROFESSOR / ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR AND DIRECTOR / HEAD OF DEPARTMENT (ONE POST)
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes it one of the top research Universities in the country.
This vacancy and the procedure to apply is available online: https://goo.gl/BILvxi
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Handling the strategic, academic and operational management of the Centre for Human Rights, which is a department in the Faculty of Law;
- Promoting, planning, organising and managing academic and research programmes and the Centre’s research profile;
- Recruiting and managing personnel;
- Overseeing externally funded projects, including reporting under various contracts;
- Fundraising for the Centre’s externally funded projects and programmes;
- Playing an active role as academic leader of the discipline at a national and international level;
- Representing the Centre in international fora and with donors;
- Marketing and growing the Centre on all levels;
- Aligning the Centre with the strategic plans, goals and policies of the University and the Faculty;
- Teaching on the Centre’s postgraduate programmes;
- Supervision of master’s and doctoral candidates;
- Conducting and publishing research outputs in line with Faculty policy.