Ms Dianah Msipa
Programme Officer: Disability Rights Unit
Tel: +27 (0)12 420 6398
Fax: +27 (0) 86 580 5743
Disability rights, access to justice for persons with disabilities, legal capacity
African Disability Rights Protection
- Robyn White and Dianah Msipa ‘Implementing article 13 of the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities in South Africa: Accommodations for People with Communication Disabilities,’ (2018) 6 African Disability Rights Yearbook 99.
- Dianah Msipa ‘The right to Work and Employment in Southern Africa: A Commentary on How Selected Employment Laws Fare against Article 27 of the CRPD’ (2016) 4 African Disability Rights Yearbook 283.
- Dianah Msipa ‘How assessments of testimonial competence perpetuate inequality and discrimination for persons with intellectual disabilities: An analysis of the approach taken in South Africa and Zimbabwe’ (2015) 3 African Disability Rights Yearbook 63-90.
- Frédéric Mégret & Dianah Msipa ‘Global Reasonable Accommodation: How the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Changes the Way We Think about Equality.’ (2014) 30 SAJHR 252.
- Thompson Chengeta and Dianah Msipa ‘Getting Disability Rights into the Mainstream of Human Rights Advocacy: An Appraisal of Zimbabwean Disability Rights Policies and Legislation”. Available on SSRN at http://ssrn.com/abstract=2312340.
Other publications (Blog)
Dianah Msipa, ‘Pursuing justice for rape victims with intellectual disabilities’ available at www.opensocietyfoundations.org/voices/pursuing-justice-rape-victims-intellectual-disabilities