#HRDA20Years: The Centre for Human Rights, University of Pretoria, from 7 to 10 December 2019, celebrates the 20th Anniversary of the Master’s in Human Rights and Democratisation in Africa programme (HRDA).
The event will feature social events, thematic sessions on human rights challenges, the Global Campus of Human Rights Conference on migration and children deprived of liberty, a human rights fair and the graduation of the 20th cohort of Master’s students on the HRDA programme.
The programme is a multidisciplinary meeting of the Centre for Human Rights for HRDA Alumni and invited guests on tracking the successes of the HRDA community and mapping the future of human rights work in Africa and beyond.
The event is organised by the Centre for Human Rights, University of Pretoria, in partnership with the Global Campus of Human Rights. The conference is realised thanks to the European Union.
Draft Programme - Overview
Friday 6 December 2019
- Arrival of HRDA Alumni, graduates and other guests
Saturday 7 December 2019
- Sporting events between the alumni, staff and invited guests
- Braai, social and reunion events
Sunday 8 December 2019
- Parallel sessions on thematic human rights issues
- Global Campus of Human Rights: Programme on migration and children deprived of liberty
- Human Rights Fair
Monday 9 December 2019
- Global Campus Conference: Migration and children deprived of loberty
- Award ceremony for HRDA Alumni Association
- Alumni Diaries launch
Tuesday 10 December 2019
- International Human Rights Day
- Graduation ceremony of the 20th cohort of HRDA Master’s students
Wednesday 11 December 2019
For more information, please contact: