The Centre for Human Rights, University of Pretoria, in partnership with the University of Antwerpen, will host an online one-week intensive short course on the right to development in Africa from 2 – 6 October 2023
Course date: 2 – 6 October 2023
Venue: Zoom (online)
In Person (University of Pretoria)
About the course
The course covers issues such as:
- Theories of development
- Right to development in Africa
- International financial institutions and the right to development
- Development and aid: The obligation to provide assistance
- Transnational corporations and the right to development
- Other non-state actors and the right to development
- Food, development and security in Africa
- Governance and development• Anti-corruption and development
- Foreign debt and its effect on development
The course will be offered in a hybrid format.
Participation in the course online is FREE of charge.
In person attendance is R 5000 (ZAR)
Participants wishing to attend physically are required to write a short motivation for attending the course in person. A limited number of scholarships are available. These scholarships are awarded on a very competitive basis.
A high proficiency in English is required to attend this course. All lectures and materials are in English. Prior to applying for this course, please read through the information on the practical information and the payment details pages.
Documents to be submitted:
- Curriculum Vitae (short CV in PDF or Word document, maximum 3 pages, maximum 10 MB in file size)
- One Letter of Recommendation (PDF or Word document, maximum of 10 MB in file size)
- Academic Records (students only) (combined in one PDF or Word document, maximum 10 MB in file size)
*Please note that in order to apply for any of the Advanced Human Rights Courses, you are required to use a Google Gmail account.
Applications close on 1 September 2023.
Overview of previous courses
For more information, please contact:
Tel: +27 (0) 12 420 4197
Fax: +27 (0) 86 580 5743