The LLM/MPhil in Sexual and Reproductive Rights in Africa is a unique two-year programme is offered
as a blended learning course comprising of online interaction and residential block-weeks in Pretoria.
Two contact sessions are scheduled every year (four contact sessions over a period of two years).
A degree allowing access to the legal profession (eg LLB or licence en droit)
Other students (non-law students)
At least an Honours degree in a discipline relevant to disability rights in Africa.
For more information on the course and the programme structure, please visit the Curriculum page.
For more information on the course and the programme structure, please visit the Prospective Students page.
All applications are handled via the online system Submittable. Please click on the link below to apply for this programme.
Please note that you have to register on the Submittable system to be able to apply for this programme.
Application deadline: Class of 2021
This is a selection course and applications must be submitted before 30 June 2020 to be admitted for the 2021 academic year.
- Individuals from all African countries are invited to apply for admission to study for the Master’s Degree (LLM/MPhil) in Disability Rights Africa at the Centre for Human Rights, University of Pretoria, South Africa.
- Applicants must be in possession of a first degree in Law (LLB, licence en droit or licenciatura em direito) or an Honours degree relevant to disability rights in Africa.
- All documents uploaded must be typewritten.
- The following documents will be requested when during your application:
- Previous academic records/transcripts
- Previous degree certificate(s)
- Copy of bio-data page of passport
- A good quality photograph of yourself
- For applicants who did not obtain their qualifications in English: TOEFL, SAT1 or IELTS Test certificate.
- Deadline for receipt of applications for the 2021 class is 30 June 2020.
- All applicants will be notified whether they were successful or not by 31 October 2020.