Terms of Reference
Post-Doctoral Fellows in the International Development Law Unit play two roles: (1) Academic Advisor to the students in the LLM in Trade and Investment Law in Africa programme (2) Researcher in the International Development Law Unit (IDLU).
- Position is a full-time position (40 hours/week)
- Appointment is for 1 year and is renewable based on satisfactory performance
Academic Advisor to Students in the LLM in Trade and Investment Law in Africa:
- Manage admissions process for LLM students
- Manage scholarship and financial support programme
- Arrange lecturers and all related academic activities for the LLM programme
- Arrange assignments and exams for the LLM programme
- Provide academic advice to LLM students on their mini-dissertations and on all other academic matters relating to the LLM programme
- Work with IDLU research team on research projects in the areas of global economic governance and business and human rights
- Work with IDLU research team organizing conferences, workshops and other activities related to IDLU research projects
- Conduct independent research and publish in the IDLU research areas
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Completed LLD degree or equivalent
- Knowledge of international trade and investment law
- Publication record
- Fluency in English: excellent writing and speaking skills
- Experience working in a multicultural setting
- Personal commitment to human rights and development
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills;
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Confident, motivated, proactive, quick thinker and independent worker
- Proficiency in the basic Microsoft suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- This position is funded by the National Research Foundation (NRF) and is linked to the continued funding of the SARChI Chair of International Development Law and African Economic Relations.
- Remuneration is based on NRF rules and is R200 000.00
- This is not a University of Pretoria position and so does not have any associated benefits (such as medical insurance, pension contribution etc.).
Send a cover letter, writing sample and CV including three references to email@example.com on or before 6 October 2017.