The Centre for Human Rights, University of Pretoria, is seeking a Network Officer for the Global Engagement Network on Internal Displacement in Africa (GENIDA). The deadline for applications is 26 March 2021.
Opportunity closing date: Friday 26 March 2021
Organisation: Centre for Human Rights, University of Pretoria
Job Title: Network Officer (GENIDA)
Type of contract: Ad hoc fixed-term contract (4 months)
The Centre for Human Rights, University of Pretoria, addresses issues of migration and forced migration in Africa as part of its broad mandate to promote and protect human rights in Africa. Its mission is to engage in activities towards the furtherance of protection of migrants and forcibly displaced populations. As one of its areas of work, it coordinates the Global Engagement Network on Internal Displacement in Africa (GENIDA), an international collaboration for the furtherance of internally displaced persons (IDPs) protection and assistance in Africa. See www.genida.org. The Centre seeks to appoint an appropriately qualified individual as Network Officer.
The appointment starts on 1 April 2021, or as soon as possible thereafter; and runs until 31 July 2021.
- Organise GENIDA in-person events
- Manage the logistics of GENIDA events
- Engage with stakeholders in and outside the GENIDA network
- Communicate with GENIDA network members
- Liaise with partners relating to GENIDA activities
- Engage in network-related outputs and activities
- Develop, maintain and manage network database
- Create awareness of activities during events on social media
- Produce newsletters for the network and related-activities
- Manage multiple social media platforms for GENIDA
- Manage and update content on the GENIDA website
- Develop production-ready graphic content for GENIDA
Required skills and competencies:
- Undergraduate university degree in law/human rights/journalism/social sciences/media relations or a related field
- Ability to travel, if and when required
- Ability to multi-task efficiently
- Excellent administration skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of social media management in an organisation
- Experience of website maintenance through a content management system (CMS)
- Demonstrated experience in producing online content (including blogs)
- Ability to work under pressure
- Fluency in English
- Knowledge of human rights/forced migration
Preferred skills and competencies:
- Postgraduate University degree in law/human rights/journalism/social sciences/media relations or a related field
- Project management skills
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud software
- Knowledge of another AU working language (French, Arabic or Portuguese)
Kindly send a letter of motivation, setting out how you meet the criteria for the position; as well as examples of your social media work; and a CV, before or on 26 March 2021.
Important: The Centre for Human Rights reserves the right to cancel the position should the needs of the Centre change or should we regard the submissions not to be adequate based on its needs.