The Centre for Human Rights, University of Pretoria, seeks to appoint a consultant to conduct a study on the Impact of the Master’s programme in partner universities.
Download Call for Applications
Project title: Impact of the Master’s programme in partner universities
Organization: Centre for Human Rights, Faculty of Law, University of Pretoria
Job title: Consultant
Duration: 1 month
Duty station: Africa
Contract type: Individual consultant
Closing date: 15 June 2021
The Master’s programme in Human Rights and Democratisation in Africa (Master’s programme) is a prestigious one-year intensive course where 25 - 30 exceptional individuals spend six months at the Centre for Human Rights, Faculty of Law, University of Pretoria South Africa (Centre for Human Rights) and six months at one of the 12 partner universities all over Africa:
- Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia
- Gaston Berger University, Senegal
- Makerere University, Uganda
- Universidade Eduardo Mondlane, Mozambique
- Université Abomey Calavi, Benin
- Université Catholique d’Afrique Centrale, Cameroon
- University of Ghana
- University of Lagos, Nigeria
- University of Mauritius
- University of Nairobi, Kenya
- University of the Western Cape, South Africa
- University of Venda, South Africa
Since its inception, one of the objectives of the Master’s programme is to build capacity at partner universities through their participation in short courses, inviting them to teach on the programme in Pretoria, participate in conferences and assist them in setting up their own Master’s programme in Human Rights. This research will aim to assess to what extent the programme has been able to achieve its objectives of building the capacity of partner universities.
The consultant will submit a 20,000 words research report on the extent to which the Master’s programme has contributed to build the capacity at partner universities. They are expected to conduct interviews with staff of the Master’s programme at the Centre for Human Rights and staff from partner universities.
Timeframe of consultancy:
1 - 31 July 2021
The consultant will receive 150,000 South African Rands upon the submission of a finalised draft research paper (This is inclusive of taxes).
Interested applicants should submit the following documents to email@example.com indicating Consultant_Impact of Master’s programme:
- Cover letter detailing the applicant’s suitability for the assignment and current contact information
- A technical proposal setting out the proposed research approach and methodology (of between 2 and 3 pages)
- A detailed CV
- A writing sample
The deadline for applications is on or before 15 June 2021. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Persons forming part of marginalised and vulnerable groups are encouraged to apply.
For more information, please contact: