The LLM/MPhil in Sexual and Reproductive Rights in Africa is a unique two-year programme is offered as a blended learning course comprising of online interaction and residential block-weeks in Pretoria.
Two contact sessions are scheduled every year (four contact sessions over a period of two years).
- Law students
A degree allowing access to the legal profession (eg LLB or licence en droit)
- Other students (non-law students)
At least an Honours degree in a discipline relevant to sexual and reproductive rights.
For more information on the course and the programme structure, please visit the Curriculum page
For more information on the course and the programme structure, please visit the Prospective Students
Application deadline: 31 July 2023
Individuals from all African countries are invited to apply for admission to study for the Master’s Degree (LLM/MPhil) in Sexual and Reproductive Rights Africa at the Centre for Human Rights, University of Pretoria, South Africa. Applicants must be in possession of a first degree in Law (LLB, licence en droit or licenciatura em direito) or an Honours degree relevant to Sexual and reproductive rights.
All documents uploaded must be typewritten.
The following documents will be requested when during your application:
- Previous academic records/transcripts
- Previous degree certificate(s) (Please note that if this is not a four-year honours degree, you have to attach a letter from the University where you obtained your undergraduate qualification, indicating that this degree allows admission to a master’s programme at that institution).
- Copy of bio-data page of passport
- A good quality photograph of yourself
- For applicants who did not obtain their qualifications in English: TOEFL, SAT1 or IELTS Test certificate.
- Deadline for receipt of applications for the 2024 class is 31 July 2023.
- Shortisted applicants will be notified 31 October 2023