The Committee on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights is developing a general comment on Land and Economic, Social and Cultural Rights. The purpose of this general comment is to clarify the specific obligations of States parties relating to land and the governance of tenure of land under the International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights.
The Committee, through its Co-Rapporteurs, has prepared the draft general comment available at the link below. By way of public consultation, the Committee invites interested individuals and organizations, including States, national human rights institutions, civil society organizations, academics, international and regional organizations and experts, to make a written contribution to the draft general comment.
How to submit a written contribution?
- Prepare a written contribution in one of the Committee’s working languages – English, French or Spanish. (The Secretariat will not be in a position to translate these)
- Limit the written contribution to five pages.
- Send the written contribution, in Word format, to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating in the subject “Written contributions – GC on land and ICESCR”.
- Before the deadline – Tuesday, 27 July 2021.
- Draft General Comment: English (French and Spanish versions will be available in due course)
- Written Contributions
The Co-Rapporteurs study the contributions and will revise the draft, which will then be presented to the Committee for further consideration and subsequent adoption.